Complaints of work related stress are common and constantly on the rise. The latest report from the Labour Force Survey (LFS) shows that 40% of the total cases of stress (1,073,000), were work related.
A little stress can help push people to achieve, but too much stress can be damaging and have detrimental effects, not only on the individual, but on the company as a whole – and other team members.
Team building exercises and activities can help to combat the causes of stress in the workplace and alleviate some of its adverse effects.
Below are some examples of how work related stress can have a bad effect on a business:
• Days off work will be taken.
• The company’s credibility could be damaged.
• Staff retention and recruitment could be affected.
• Keeping customer’s satisfied could be hindered.
• An effect on productivity and performance.
• Conflict could be created between staff members.
Although team building days are seen as a fun day away from the office by some employees, there can be a number of important lessons learned from these days, which can also help to reduce stress.
Some of the benefits of a team building activity for each staff member include the following:
• Enhance problem solving skills.
• Can help identify strengths and weaknesses.
• Improve communication.
• Break the ice with fellow employees.
• Developing leadership and managerial skills.
If your company needs help with work related stress, contact our team at Team Building London today.