In any given year in London, we spend around 2,300 hours at work. So, why not have some fun whilst we’re there?
Thomas Edison, inventor of the light bulb, once said: “I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.”
Interestingly, the video below demonstrates how commuters chose to take the stairs instead of taking the escalator, by introducing a fun element to walking up them.
How Can A Leader Make Work Fun?
- Listen to what your staff tell you. Fully understand what they need so you can give them it.
- Give them the resources they need to be creative. Nothing is more frustrating than to be given an assignment but not given the resources to complete it properly.
- Welcome creativity and allow people the freedom to experiment in the workplace by trying new things, problem solving and generally having some fun.
- Build teams that play together because those that play together, work together.
- Try a morning or afternoon out of the office occasionally to help creativity and to give staff a different environment to work in.
For help with ways to make your workplace fun, get in touch with our team at Team Building London today to see how we can help.