There are always a large number of networking events throughout the year and sometimes your boss may pass you an invitation, suggesting you go along to one. Networking is not for everyone, but in this blog we will look at how you might be able to look at networking differently.
Entering a room of strangers can create a number of fears, including:
• You could get stuck with the most boring man or woman in your industry
• You might be subjected to a hard sell
• You’ll be left standing alone, looking lost
But let’s consider what you can actually gain from going to a networking event:
- Winning new business
- Beginning a new business partnership
- Getting offered a new job
- Gaining new, useful industry insight
- Finding out what your competitors are working on
- Finding and recruiting a new team member
If you’re still not convinced, then have a look at Andy Bound’s Networking Made Easy in 4 Minutes movie. As an expert in this field, you will gain some real insights from Andy into the psychology of networking, and it’s only 4 minutes long too.
If you’d like some more advice on Networking, contact Team Building London today to see how we can help.