Improving your team’s motivation doesn’t always have to cost the company money. Read our top tips on how you can improve your team’s morale with little effort and no monetary investment!
1. Take time to thank your team at least once a day. Try not to stick to just a simple ‘Thank you’ when they complete a task you’ve asked them to do, but write a paragraph explaining how useful it has been and how you appreciate it. Doing this will help increase productivity.
2. Make tea and coffee for people occasionally. The best leaders aren’t too proud to do the little things in order to help others and this act of generosity will show your team that you have time for them.
3. Share a joke together. Have a laugh with your team by sharing a joke or a YouTube clip that will help to break up their tasks. Not only is laughter good for team morale but it also releases good chemicals into the body that help counter-act stress and fight off illness.
4. Treat the team. Bring cakes or chocolates into the office occasionally or give your team an extended lunch. These acts of kindness are becoming rare in the workplace so when they do happen, they are appreciated so much more.
5. Have a one-on-one chat with you team once a week. This doesn’t have to be in a meeting environment, but a two-way conversation with no agenda. This will show your staff that you are interested in them as a person and not just the work they complete.
For more tips on how to improve team motivation, contact us at Team Building London today.