A heavy workload, coupled with stress, is a challenge for many people in the workplace. Time is short and can run out, whereas energy can be rejuvenated and extended.
Here are 5 ways Team Building London suggest you use to increase your energy levels:
1. Drink a lot of water. Water hydrates our brains, ensures we stay cool and can prevent illnesses like excruciating kidney stones. Coffee and sugary drinks may taste better but they do have the reverse effect of making us tired when their burst of energy wears off.
2. Get some fresh air every few hours. If you can take a proper break away from work for a little walk, then do so. This breaks up the day and allows you to stretch your legs, giving you more energy and productivity.
3. Rest and sleep well. By sticking to a strict bedtime ritual you can ensure you get the right amount of sleep which will help you in both body and mind. Lack of sleep can lead to stress, so instead of late night films or arguments opt for a hot bath or to read a book.
4. Eat regularly throughout the day. By eating fruit for example, you can maintain a healthy blood sugar level. Choosing fruit over chocolate will also help to release energy over the day slowly instead of a chocolate bar acting in the same way a coffee will.
5. Give yourself deadlines. If you align all of your tasks with self-imposed deadlines you will be more likely to meet them. Rushing tasks may lead to a worse result, but by working to a deadline set by yourself, you can manage tasks better and more efficiently.
For any more information on how to be productive in the workplace, contact Team Building London.