January is known as the month of New Year’s resolutions where business owners and team leaders look to turn those bad habits into good.
If you are leader or manager in a London business, it is time to consider what small changes could make a huge difference in the workplace.
Many of these resolutions may already be part of your day-to-day routine, but try doing some of the ones that are missing. The 10 resolutions every team leader should include in their list for 2014 are:
- Always listen first and speak last.
- Look for opportunities to praise your team.
- Don’t leave the office early – leaving on time sets a good example.
- Have a walk around the business every day.
- Set your own personal development goals for the year.
- Identify goals and priorities for your team and the year ahead.
- Take tough decisions.
- Communicate with your staff about the vision of the business.
- Ensure each member is on track and has their own personal development goals set out.
- Organise meetings with the whole team to express their opinions and knowledge for tasks.
How many of these already exist in your daily routine? How many of them were missing?
If you need help with a leadership resolution use some of the above or contact us at Team Building London to see how we can help.